It is with pleasure that the Earle Creativity & Development Trust announces the following Grant recipients for 2017.
- Renaissant Singers (Guy Donaldson) – for a Samuel Arnold world premiere performance.
- Phil Boniface – for ‘Oro’ Concert series.
- Palmerston North Choral Society (Heather Murphy) – to commission work for centennial concert.
- Toi Warbrick – for KONO, song cycle for a new town.
- Manawatū Overtones Chorus (Liz Watts) – for masterclass workshops.
- Manawatū Youth Orchestra Synfonia (Jeff McNeill) – for orchestral wind workshops.
History & Literature
- Nicky Birch – CoachHouse Archive Display.
- Susan Artner – to publish ‘The Making of the Generous Heart – an art and art education journey from Timaru to Marton’.
- Te Apiti – Manawatū Gorge Governance Group (Chrissie Morrison) – to publish ‘Manawatū Gorge Te Au-rere-a-te-tonga’.
- Catherine Knight – to publish ‘The life and works of Charles E. Wildbore of the Pohangina Valley’.
- Rachel Dore – to assist with establishing the Manawatū Writers’ Festival with the aim of promoting a community of writers.
- Val Mills – to publish a history of Palmerston North postcards.