It is with pleasure that the Earle Creativity & Development Trust announces the following Grant recipients for 2019.
History & Literature
- Zak Rodgers – for producing a book of the authors poems with a QR code which provides a link to a film of the poems being performed: Kick out to the beat.
- Janet Mace – production costs for a children’s book, Lucy the girl who listens, about a child who learns about the importance of maintaining the health of rivers.
- Eljon Fitzgerald – to complete a play, Four friends and a funeral.
- Bulls Volunteer Fire Brigade – to publish the historical journey of the Bulls Volunteer Fire Brigade.
- Kathy Clark, Taihape Community Trust – a recording of local histories and the training of young historians for project: Tell me more Taihape.
- Murray Brown – to publish a comprehensive history of cricket in the Manawatū, including women’s cricket.
- Paula Harris – to cover the production costs for poetic short films.
- Manawatunes Barbershop Chorus – to bring a New Zealand barbershop quartet to Palmerston North to run workshops for the chorus and high schools.
- Rodger Fox, The Houstoun-Fox – CD recording project.